NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Each scan may incur a charge as provided in your rate plan. Message and data rates may apply. Scanning may not be available through all wireless carriers.
1. Eligibility: ampm Scratch Power Instant Win (the "Instant Win Game") is open only to legal residents of Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of BP West Coast Products LLC, First Star Communications, Ltd. ("First Star"), Mindshare Technologies, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, The Hershey Company, Frito-Lay, Inc., The General Mills Company, Electronic Arts Inc., Cadbury Adams USA LLC, Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, Young America Corporation, the NFL Entities (as defined below) and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Instant Win Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside the listed states and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's, Administrator's, and First Star's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: BP West Coast Products LLC, 4 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623.
Administrator: Young America Corporation, 717 Faxon Road, Norwood Young America, MN 55397 and First Star, 19 Blair Street,Te Aro, 6149, Wellington, New Zealand.
3. Timing: The Instant Win Game begins on June 4, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") and ends on August 5, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (the "Promotion Period"). First Star's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Instant Win Game.
4. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to play:
a)Using the App: During the Promotion Period, using your mobile device, visit the applicable application store and search Scratch Power ampm to download the application that you'll need to play the Instant Win Game. The application only works on the Apple iOS or Android OS platforms. Following acceptance of the terms and conditions of the game displayed on your mobile device, you will automatically advance to the Instant Win Game and receive three (3) scratch cards (each a "Scratch Card") for that day. On subsequent days, visit a participating ARCO or ampm location and use the application to scan a QR code located at the ampm. You will receive three (3) scratch cards for that day.
Follow the links and instructions to scratch each Scratch Card to reveal whether you are an instant winner of one of the prizes listed below. If you are a potential Instant Win Game prize winner, you will receive detailed prize claim and validation instructions through the application. Potential winners of Grand and First Prizes must complete the registration fields shown on the prize claim screen and supply their full names, mobile numbers, full physical delivery addresses and dates of birth within seventy-two (72) hours of receiving the winning Scratch Card to claim their prizes. Please note: All Food & Drink Instant Win Game prizes expire within 48 hours of play.
Each time you scan a QR code at a participating ARCO or ampm during the Promotion Period, up to one time per day, you will receive three (3) Scratch Cards.
Entrants will be charged according to their carriers' messaging and data rates and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Check your owners' manual for specific instructions. Scanning/text messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers.
All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. First Star is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
b) Mail-In Free Method: During the Promotion Period, to participate without using your smart phone or an App, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “ampm Scratch Power Instant Win,” PO Box 1055, Dept. 893-719, Young America, MN 55594-1055. BE SURE TO PUT THE DATE FOR WHICH YOU ARE PLAYING ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE. If you fail to include the date, Administrator will use the postmarked date to select a date for you. You will receive the equivalent of three (3) Scratch Cards for the applicable day. Administrators will simulate the Instant Win Game for you and will mail you your prize or prize coupon within 10 days. Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by July 22, 2013 and received by July 29, 2013. All requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Each entrant may receive three (3) Scratch Cards per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same smart phone or email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Scratch Cards by using multiple/different email addresses, smart phones, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays and that entrant may be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the smart phone or email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" of a smart phone is the natural person in whose name the device has been issued and the services are billed. The "authorized account holder" of an email address is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATORS, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE INSTANT WIN GAME.AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ADMINISTRATORS WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Determination and Verification of Potential Winners: First Star is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Instant Win Game and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor are final.
One (1) out of every three (3) Scratch Cards will be a winning Scratch Card and will indicate the prize won from the list below. There will be 67,110 random, computer-generated wins, one for each prize listed below, generated during the Promotion Period. If you reveal a win on a Scratch Card, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete the required information within the specified time frame, or prize is not redeemed before it expires, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a Grand or First Prize is un-awarded or unclaimed at the end of the Promotion Period, Administrators will conduct a random drawing from among the eligible entrants who entered via the free mail-in method and will notify the potential winner(s) of their prize(s). Unclaimed prizes valued at less than $25 will not be awarded. EA SPORTS Madden NFL 25 Prizes are scheduled to ship by September 30, 2013 (subject to a game release date of August, 2013). Grand Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Instant Win Game.
FIFTY (50) GRAND PRIZES: An ARCO gift card that may be used to purchase gasoline, terms and conditions apply. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500.00.
61 FIRST PRIZES: An EA SPORTS Madden NFL 25 game. Game scheduled to be released in August, 2013. First Prize requires an Xbox 360® or Playstation® 3 system. ARV: $59.99.
10,000 SECOND PRIZES: An 8-piece pack of Alert™ Energy Caffeine Gum (Fruit or Mint flavored) redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $2.99.
9,900 THIRD PRIZES: A 28 or 32 fluid ounce Gatorade® Thirst Quencher redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $2.19.
5,000 FOURTH PRIZES: A 3.75 oz. Traditional or Cheddar Flavor Chex Mix reddemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.89.
6,600 FIFTH PRIZES: A 1 liter bottle of Aquafina® redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.79.
3,333 SIXTH PRIZES: A 2.5 oz. King Size Rolos® Minis redeemable at participating ampm. ARV: $1.79.
3,333 SEVENTH PRIZES: A A 2.2 oz. King Size Kit Kat® Minis redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.79.
3,333 EIGHTH PRIZES: A 2.5 oz. King Size Reese's® Peanut Butter Cup® Minis redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.79.
500 NINTH PRIZES: A 20 fluid ounce Pepsi Max® family product redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.69.
2,500 TENTH PRIZES: A 3.75 oz. Flamin' Hot Cheetos® redeemable at participating ampm locations. ARV: $1.49.
2,500 ELEVENTH PRIZES: A 3.75 oz. Crunchy Cheetos® redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.49.
2,500 TWELFTH PRIZES: A 3.875 oz. Nacho Cheese Doritos® redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.49.
2,500 THIRTEENTH PRIZES: A 2.875 oz. Lay's® Potato Chips redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.49.
10,000 FOURTEENTH PRIZES: An 18-piece pack of Trident Gum (variety of flavors available) product redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.19.
5,000 FIFTEENTH PRIZES: A 1.5oz Oats ’N Honey or Peanut Butter Nature Valley Granola Bar redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $0.89.
Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 3 and the odds of winning a particular prize depend on the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays divided by the number of prizes available as well as when you play the Instant Win Game. No cash equivalent. Coupon prizes are not to be combined with any other offer. All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor and Administrators are not responsible for complaints or issues regarding codes (claims that code is invalid, insufficient, etc.) and winners should address any such issues with the issuer of the code by sending inquires to email@example.com. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize redemption per person per day which cannot be combined with any other coupon offers.
8. Release: Upon receipt of any prize, each winner releases and holds harmless Sponsor, First Star, Mindshare Technologies, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, The Hershey Company, The Frito-Lay Company, The General Mills Company, Electronic Arts Inc., Cadbury Adams USA LLC, Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, the Administrators, the NFL Entities (as defined below), and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Instant Win Game or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes winners consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, prize information, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Instant Win Game, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Instant Win Game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Instant Win Game; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Instant Win Game or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Instant Win Game or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Instant Win Game, if it is possible. If the Instant Win Game, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Instant Win Game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Instant Win Game, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
14. Winner List: For a list of major prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received by September 5, 2013, to: ampm Scratch Power Instant-Win Game Winner’s List, P.O. Box 3000, Dept. 863-719, Young America, MN 55558-3000.
15. The NFL Entities:The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way.
EA, EA SPORTS and the EA SPORTS logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. The mark 'John Madden' and the name, likeness and other attributes of John Madden reproduced on this product are trademarks or other intellectual property of Red Bear, Inc. or John Madden, are subject to license to Electronic Arts Inc., and may not be otherwise used in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Red Bear or John Madden. All rights reserved. NFL materials (c) 2013 NFLP. Officially Licensed Product of NFL PLAYERS | NFLPLAYERS.COM. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.